The Industrial Relations Section deals with matters relating to the employer/employee relationship between the City Council and all its staff.
Role of Section:
- Implementation of nationally negotiated agreements.
- The processing of Union claims, including representing the City Council at Labour Court, Rights Commissioners and other various statutory appeal Tribunal hearings.
- Representing the City Council on negotiating parties at national level under the aegis of the Local Government Management Services Board.
- Conducting all discussions/negotiations with the relevant Trade Unions at local level relative to all aspects of the employment, pay and conditions of service of staff.
- Dealing with the primary research of claims for improvement in conditions of employment and the development of corporate policy in this regard.
- Overseeing the administrative implementation of all conditions of employment for staff of the Authority both statutory and those subject to voluntary agreement.
- Advising Management on all issues relevant to the conditions of employment of all staff including the introduction of modern human resources practices and policies.
Classes of Records Held
- Minutes of Meetings with Unions.
- Details of individual disciplinary and grievance matters dealt with by the Section.
- Policy documents covering conditions of employment and HR practices for all staff.
- Instructions and Guidelines.