Training and Development Section
The Training and Development Section of Cork City Council is responsible for the provision of necessary training for all grades of staff and provides opportunities for staff to further develop and exercise their knowledge and skills.
- Specialist, general and mandatory courses are regularly organised by the Section, facilitated by the IPA, Health and Safety training companies and various other professional bodies.
- The Staff Learning Centre for computer-based training is located in City Hall.
- Study Assistance Programme is in place to enable staff to undertake relevant courses of study in their own time.
- Regional Training Centre, Ballincollig (owned and managed by Cork City Council, Cork County Council and Kerry County Council) provides training for operational staff.
- The Section also acts as a corporate resource for training and presentation equipment.
Classes of Records Held:
- Details of training courses.
- Details of the Study Assistance Scheme for approved courses of study.
- Details of equipment purchase.
- Individual training records are held on personal files.