The Welfare Section deals with matters affecting the welfare of staff including superannuation schemes, sick pay benefits, employee assistance programme and family friendly policies. The section endeavours to ensure that staff operate in a harmonious working environment where individual problems are addressed in a confidential and caring manner and to ensure that staff on retirement are treated courteously and promptly.
The section deals with:
- Administration of Superannuation Scheme in relation to staff pensions and death benefits.
- Management of staff Sick Pay Scheme.
- Provision of Employee Assistance Scheme as a confidential counselling and advisory service for all staff.
- Implementation of Family Friendly Workplace Policies.
Classes of Records Held:
- Superannuation records for all staff.
- Statistical Data on Annual Leave, Sick Pay and Absenteeism.