Functions of the Information Systems Department
The Information Systems Department provides the following functions:
- A stable and secure communications network for the organisation. This includes security, data protection and anti-virus measures.
- A number of Council services online.
- Support for all the organisation’s information technology requirements.
- Develops and maintains the City Council’s websites.
- Manages the Financial Management Systems.
- Supports and maintains all software applications in the organisation through our Helpdesk service.
- Develops and customises software for the City Council’s needs.
- Researches, advises and consults on all projects with an information systems element.
- Represents the City Council on national information systems projects.