Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme - Phase I
Improving and upgrading of existing greenway from Pairc Uí Chaoimh to Mahon, N40 (South Ring Road). Construction has now commenced on Phase I of the Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme.
The project will:
- Provide significantly improved facilities for cyclists and pedestrians along the Passage Railway Greenway from Pairc Uí Chaoimh to Mahon;
- Provide improved and new access points to improve connectivity with adjoining areas;
- Provide an avenue for wildlife movement, protection of natural resources and green space buffers for humans;
- Wider surfaced area over length of greenway;
- Public lighting and CCTV installed along length of greenway;
- Greater amenities and facilities for public;
- Widen the greenway from the existing 3m to 5m in width;
- The Blackrock Road railway footbridge will be reinstated, utilising the existing historic abutments, access ramps and disused railway platforms;
- The existing bridges, historical structures and features along the route will be repaired and cleaned where necessary;
- Environmentally sensitive public lighting will be provided along the full extent of the greenway plus CCTV;
- Soft landscaping works will be undertaken including tree, shrub and wildflower planting with native pollinator friendly species;
- Bee, bird and bat boxes will be installed to improve the attractiveness of the greenway for native fauna.
Start: December 2020.
Finish: Mid 2022.
For full details on the project please follow link: www.passagegreenway.com
Construction works underway.