Glanmire to City Centre Cycle Route (Phase 1)
The Glanmire to City Centre Cycle Route (Phase 1) extends from the junction of Church Road along the R639 to the Dunkettle/Tivoli Roundabout.
The proposed works include:
- Segregated 2-way cycle track from the roundabout to "the Grotto";
- Segregated footpaths on both sides of the road;
- New public lighting along the length of the scheme;
- Community space, seating area, bike parking, bike repair station and car parking area immediately west of the Village;
- Traffic calmed environment with enhanced public realm within the Village;
- 40 new trees to be planted and pollinator friendly planting in verge;
- Repairs to the existing boundary walls.
- To provide the first phase of a cycle route that will ultimately provide a connection from Glanmire to the City Centre;
- To provide an improved pedestrian and cycling environment in line with the objectives of the Cork Metropolitan Area Transport Plan (CMATS)
Start: September 2021
Finish: September 2024
For further information please contact Con O'Flynn, Executive Engineer at email firstname.lastname@example.org