Healy's Bridge Rehabilitation Project
Healy’s Bridge, located approximately 10 kilometres west of Cork City, is an existing three span road bridge with a 90-degree skew to its approach from the east.
- Rebuild damaged sections of masonry parapets and approaches;
- Concrete repairs to bridge soffit, restore bed lining and repair scour skirts on abutments/piers;
- Install new public lighting scheme on approaches;
- Upgrade existing approach signage and road markings and resurface bridge carriageway and approaches.
The bridge structure has suffered significant deterioration from scour to bed lining, abutments and piers.
The objectives of the works are:
- Restore the overall structural integrity of the bridge;
- Improve road user safety through improved visibility (public lighting and approach signage) and resurfacing of bridge carriageway and approaches with upgraded road markings.
Start: Construction commenced May 2021.
Finish: Project completed in Q3 2021.