Switching Off and Being Creative
There may be restrictions in place, but you can still maintain social contact and keep your mind engaged and creative juices flowing, just in a different way. Cork City is full of groups that can help you do that from your own home. Take a look at what they have to offer here.
Cork City Arts Office
Cork City Council's Arts Office undertakes and supports the following programmes and initiatives:
Social media updates on and promotion of:
- Supports for arts sector workers;
- Online creative wellbeing activities facilitated though arts-based methods by artists and arts organisations and institutions.
- #DistanceCreates online programme for u18’s living with long term health conditions by Helium Arts
Cork City of Sanctuary
Community Arts Coordinator in Cork City Council Arts Office is a member of the Executive Council of Cork City of Sanctuary.
- Residents Forum (proposed) – consultative process to improve communications with residents in Direct Provision
- Sanctuary Mask Initiative – mask stitching project for use of people living in Direct Provision without access to PPE
- Laptops for Lockdown – providing laptops to people living in Direct Provision to access information, resources and communicate.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CorkCityofSanctuary/
Arts for All
Arts for All is a group of stakeholders who have an interest in arts and inclusion and would like to support Cork City and region achieve its vision in becoming a “European Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Arts”. Cork is a city and county with many communities, a creative and vibrant place to live which strives for equality, diversity, opportunity, excellence, understanding and learning through and within the arts. For more information please visit the Arts for All website.
Suisha Arts / Cope Foundation
Suisha Arts / Cope Foundation in partnership with Cork ETB and Arts for All, supporting creativity and digital connection as part of the Cork City Covid 19 Community Response Forum, are offering online/remote Arts Classes for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities and / or Autism through MS Teams.
For details of the classes and more information visit the Suisha Arts website or contact Eoin Nash on phone at (086) 807 4037 or email at email@example.com.