Address: Riverstown, Cork
Located in Glanmire, Riverstown House is a classical Irish country house which was originally built in 1602.
When the Italian stuccodores Paolo and Filippo Lafrancini came to Ireland in 1734, their first and most important work was for Jemmett Browne, later the Archbishop of Cork who enlarged and remodelled the original Riverstown House.
The Lafrancinis adorned the ceiling of the dining room with allegorical figures and also its walls with classical figures and exuberant rococco flowers and foliage.
The house remained in the Brown family until the present century but by the 1950's the house was decaying and empty. It was bought in 1958 by Mr and Mrs John Dooley who restored the house with the help of the Irish Georgian Society. The house is now owned by Mr Denis and Mrs Rita Dooley.