Curraheen Road Pedestrian and Cycle Safety Improvement Scheme
Curraheen Road from west of Melbourn Road to Junction with N40.
- Upgrade of the existing pedestrian crossing located at Scoil an Spioraid Naoimh and installation of new Toucan crossing at Curraheen Walkway;
- Installation of upgraded pedestrian crossing facilities, including raised tables and tactile crossing points at side road junctions along Curraheen Road between Bridgefield Grove and Melbourn Road;
- Improvement works to the Rossa Avenue junction incorporating pedestrian and cycle safety measures;
- Installation of segregated cycle lanes;
- Adjustments to the existing road layout, including lining, parking, etc.
- Enhancement to the existing facilities on Rossa Avenue.
Start: Design Phase Commenced September 2021.
Finish: Section 38 approved early 2022 with Detailed Design ongoing.